Yearbook of Type #6 2022/23 – Movie Edition
You know the scenario: You just want to find a fitting series or movie on your streaming platform—but you can’t find what you are looking for and keep doom-scrolling—until you turn off the computer.
The same often happens when looking for the perfect typeface for your design. You know, the one that not only conveys the mood you are longing for, but also needs to fulfill all necessary requirements. In a mess of countless open browser tabs, bookmarks, lists, and folders, the right typeface and foundry—characterized by smallest details—is hard to find.
The »Yearbook of Type« is a collection of the latest published typefaces that helps you find the one—from a browse through the book, or quick look in the index that neatly sorts typefaces by class, designers, and foundries. Each font and font family is presented on a double page. On the left page, the font is applied; inspired by this year’s theme of film and drama. To the right, the typeface is described in detail; with all its features, as well as information about the designers and foundries. A complementary online microsite features all fonts with direct links to respective foundries and purchasing options.
The publication is rounded off by a series of essays, interviews, and tutorials on the subject of type design and contemporary typography.
The Yearbook of Type provides clarity in a world of constant streaming, scrolling, and aimless browsing. Find the typefaces you’re looking for—and maybe even the right movie for the evening!
- Publisher - Slanted Publishers
- Creative Direction - Lars Harmsen
- Art Direction - Juliane Nöst
- Graphic Design Assistance - Clara Weinreich, Saehyeen Shin
- Editor - Lars Harmsen & Julia Kahl
- Release - 09/2022
- Volume - 504 pages
- Format in cm (w × h × d) - 16 × 24 × 4.5 cm
- ISBN - 978-3-948440-41-1
- Language - English
- Microsite - Kolja Buscher
- Color - Printed with 10 HKS Spot Colors, HKS Warenzeichenverband e.V.
- Cover Material - Peydur Neuleinen 135 g/sm, peyer graphic gmbh
- Paper - Holmen TRND 2.0, 80 g/sm by Holmen
- Endpaper - SURBALIN seda, 115 g/sm, Pastelblau, peyer graphic gmbh
- Bookbinding - stitch binding, Buchbinderei Klotz GmbH