100 POSTER BATTLE 2 — Sharing Cultural Identities
100 Poster Battle 2 — Sharing Cultural Identities is an experimental, bilingual poster design project supervised by Lars Harmsen and Markus Lange, that brings together students from different universities to design posters.
In a first round, black and white basic motifs were created, consisting of typography / text, or image / illustration / photo, or background. Just like in screen printing, the various layers were to be brought together in such a way that they all use the previously created pool.
Symbolically, this is already the first step of sharing cultural identity: that everyone has formulated their idea and vision in advance, but then mixes it with the thoughts and images of others, combines—to then also see from others how their own work moves and acquires new meanings. In terms of content, they covered three topics: Fashion & Subculture, Food, and City.
With all these topics all participants learned a lot from each other. Not only then, but also in the aftermath. The creation of 100 POSTER BATTLE 2 — Sharing Cultural Identities gave rise to a very close relationship between some of them. The designers worked together for days and nights, appreciating each other over the countless online sessions and conversations. They became friends in the process.
- Editor - Dortmund University of Applied Sciences, Münster School of Design
- Publisher - Slanted Publishers
- Release - July 2022
- Graphic Design Assistance - Lars Harmsen, Markus Lange
- Design - Claudia Mai, Eyad Abushaar, Jacqueline Dalüge, Marie Bochen, Nouran Ahmed, Rana Wassef
- Volume - 272 pages
- Format in cm (w × h × d) - 17 × 24
- Workmanship - Softcover, thread stitching
- Cover - Augmented reality on cover
- ISBN - 978-3-948440-39-8